Renua Ireland believes in the dignity of every human being. We believe that the right to life is the most fundamental right of all and the right from which all other human rights flow. We also believe that the traditional family is the single greatest unit for the nurturing and development of children. The traditional family unit is under attack from the so-called ‘progressive’ left in Ireland. Renua Ireland will protect and defend the traditional family.
A: Hospice and Palliative Care
- Renua Ireland believes that every human being is deserving of dignity and respect – especially at the time of their deaths. The proponents of abortion and euthanasia are fully committed to introducing a ‘culture of death’ in Ireland where the weakest and most vulnerable should be disposed of as quickly as possible.
- Require all maternity hospitals to develop a ‘perinatal palliative care plan’ as a positive alternative to abortion in rare and tragic cases where a pre-born child has been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition.
- Renua Ireland will invest in post-natal palliative care to provide families whose children have been born with life-limiting conditions the help and support they need.
- Renua Ireland will set up an urgent review of hospice care capacity in Ireland provide funding for the expansion of hospice care.
B: Protecting the 8th Amendment
- Renua Ireland believes that the 8th Amendment is one of the most progressive clauses ever introduced into the constitution of any country anywhere in the world. The 8th Amendment enshrines into law the most fundamental right of all – the right to life. Regardless of sex, disability or economic status, the 8 amendment recognises all as equally deserving of a right to life.
- Renua Ireland is dedicated to defending the 8th Amendment from those who wish to abolish it. All Renua Ireland candidates for public office must commit themselves to our pro-life stance.
C: Opposition to Euthanasia
- It is clear that the next target for ‘progressives’ in Ireland, after their campaign to introduce abortion on demand, will be the legalisation of euthanasia. Euthanasia is a deeply disturbing policy already lawful in many EU countries. It is a policy which tells the sick, the elderly, the suffering that their lives are no longer worth living.
- Oppose the introduction of euthanasia in Ireland. We believe that the development of a properly funded national hospice care system is a far more positive and dignified way of caring for those who are suffering.
D: Pro-Family Taxation System
- The introduction of tax individualisation has led to a taxation system which discriminates against single income families. It has put an economic cost on those families which decide to look after their own children.
- Reform the our income taxation system to ensure it is fairer to single income families. We will introduce child tax credits to help alleviate the cost of rearing children.
E: Pro-Family Welfare System
- Grandparents play a vital role in the nurturing and care of their grandchildren. It is a role ignored by other political parties who are entirely focused on subsidising professional childcare facilities.
- Renua believes that the Children’s Allowance payment is a vital weapon against childhood poverty.
- Introduce a monthly children’s allowance payment of €25 per child (aged 0-14) payable to grandparents who act as primary carers to their grandchildren while their parents are at work.
- Increase the Children’s Allowance payment from €140 per month to €180 per month for 0-4 year olds where family income is less than €70,000 per annum.